Due to Covid restrictions from September 2020 we will be having ‘in class’ Collective Worship. It will provide a great opportunity for the children to strengthen their leadership skills in Worship. Teachers will be looking out for strong, engaged candidates to be this year’s Leading Lights. Updates to follow.
Our Leading Lights are a group of children from across year groups who play a very important role in developing the Christian character of the school. Their responsibilities include:
- being ambassadors and actively promoting our Christian values
- planning, leading and evaluating collective worship
- acting as a voice on behalf of their fellow pupils with regard to the Christian character of our school.
The Leading Lights meet on a fortnightly basis with Mrs Smith to reflect and develop these areas. They take the lead in creating and carrying out prayer in both collective and class worship.
- “I like being in Leading Lights to show how to behave in school.” Emran
- “I like it how we get to help the school and we get to make things that we can put around the school” Lara
- “I like being in Leading Lights because I like to be involved with the school” Megan
- “I like being in Leading Lights because we can make up our own prayers” Emily